UTS Fiscal Agent is a financial management services provider to participants and families who utilize services in the Children’s Long-term Support Program (CLTS), Children’s Community Options Program (CCOP) or the Katie Beckett Program.
We were founded in 2004 in Milwaukee, WI where we are still based. Our team of payroll specialists have over 42 years of combined payroll experience providing “peace of mind” to clients. Our founder is a CPA and has over 30 years of accounting experience.
FISCAL AGENT ROLE
We serve as an employer agent for clients who self-direct support. Clients hire their own employees and choose the services their worker provide. We manage the payroll responsibilities of having an employee to ease the administrative burden for clients as they achieve and maintain their independence.
We specialize in working with individuals with disabilities and their families in administering payroll responsibilities. Our well-trained payroll staff are professionals. Thanks to our decades of experience, up-to-date knowledge on payroll processing best practices and understanding of the tax code, our team can provide you with peace of mind that payroll responsibilities will be properly handled. We work hard to ensure every caregiver that should be paid on pay day is paid.
UTS FISCAL AGENT SERVICES
Participants hire their own caregivers and choose the services their workers provide. We establish you, the participant, as a legal employer with the IRS and State of Wisconsin.
- Employees clock-in and out electronically through our web-based Time & Attendance system from a smart phone, tablet, lap-top or desktop computer.
- eTimesheets are digitally approved by clients and employees.
- Paper timesheets are processed on an exception basis with prior approval.
- Employees payroll checks are direct deposited into their designated bank account or to a payroll debit card on pay day.
- Employees who use a payroll debit care are notified via a text message or email when their payroll check is direct deposited.
- Paper checks are issued on an exception basis and with prior approval.
- Employee check stubs and W-2s are electronically distributed and are available on a secure web-based portal for easy access whenever needed 24x7.
PAYROLL TAX SERVICES
PAYROLL TAX DEPOSITS
- We ensure that employee withholding taxes and Social Security & Medicare taxes are deposited with the IRS and State agencies by the due date.
- We deposit and pay all employer payroll taxes including Social Security & Medicare taxes and unemployment taxes to the IRS and State agencies by the due date.
PAYROLL TAX REPORTS
- We file required monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax reports by their due dates to the respective government agencies.
- W-2s are issued to employees by January 31.
WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE
- We manage and provide worker’s compensation insurance and pay the premiums to the insurance carrier.
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
CAREGIVER & PARTICIPANT CONNECTION
- Jobs Board – Caregiver looking to provide services (to be hired)
- Jobs Board – Participant looking for a caregiver (needs to hire a caregiver)
- Web-based and in-person trainings to clients, providers and service coordinators on the use of use of our automated timekeeping system, electronic timesheet approval, payroll debit cards, portals, etc.